Jordan and I went for a drive today with the kids along some country roads and eventually made our way to the town "Ninety Six" where some historical events from the Revolutionary War took place. We were struck by some of the very interesting names of some of the streets we saw along the country roads on our way back home. Here are a few I found noteworthy:
"Knickerbocker" (ok, not that crazy)
"Hanging Tree Road" I'm not even gonna ask.
"Wheel of Fortune Lane" And how much pot did you smoke?
"Old Pucket Fry Rd."
"Do Right Dr." (I wanna live on that one!)
Hickory Tots (maybe related to Tater Tots?)
I swear, in SC you could just say "I want to name this road butt crack highway," and they would say, "that's fine."
I'm sure there is a logical explanation for each and every one, but "Wheel of Fortune Ln. ???" Isn't that copyrighted?
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment