Forever is composed of NOWS! - Emily Dickinson

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chimney Rock, North Carolina






A couple of weeks ago, on a Saturday, Jordan and I decided to take the kids to Chimney Rock, North Carolina. We went on a small hike and Jordan and the boys took an elevator ride all the way to the top for an awesome photo op. It was SO BEAUTIFUL there at the park - AND on the ride to and from - I can't even describe. It made me remember why I had agreed to move to the South in the first place. (Sometimes I forget when I go to Walmart and see cross-eyed people with missing teeth, and hear the intercom overhead with some employee speaking in such a thick southern accent that you just want to yell, "NO ONE UNDERSTANDS YOU SO JUST HANG UP!!")

7 comments:

Jenn said...

I MISSSS YOU SOOOOO MUCH. i wish i was in South Carolina. Do you thinkn it has helped moving from here in all aspects of your life? You look so much happier!

Kristi said...

Hi! I've read through your blog and I love it! I'm so glad to see pictures of the kids. Ok, and you and Jordan too. Keep it up because I'm going to keep checking it!

Kristi said...

I still can't believe what a great family picture that is.

Kristi said...

I bet going to Walmart there is like being in another country. I hope I can experience it one day. :)

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Holly!!! I was so glad to hear from you. How long have you been living in South Carolina?? I have actually tried to contact you guys a couple of times at your old house... no wonder I didn't get a response :) Anyways... Your kids are adorable. I can't believe how big Jacob and Ava are, and how much Callie looks like Ava when she was little is crazy!! Well... We have always missed you guys as neighbors. Hope you are doing well in S.C. Keep in touch!! Lindsey

Kelli said...

I want to know what Jenn means. What is wrong with Utah? :) Anyway, I LOVE all of the new pics, I am so gl;ad you are blogging. Keep it up so I can keep tabs on y'all.

Nicole *Ü* said...

LOL You are so funny!!! Love the Wal-Mart description. It really is like that there, huh? Yikes!!! The scenery does look beautiful, though!! I am so glad you found my blog and so I could find yours!! I just showed Sydney Ava's picture and she said, "I miss her!" I miss you too!!